Saturday, May 8, 2010

Day 122 - Keep on moving......

Well, I did it! Today I only had a little bit of time to fit in some "running" (or trotting as I call it)....Kelly and Charlotte said they would come along....I took off first as Kelly was getting ready and said she would meet me at the top of the hill (on our street) with Charlotte....

I took off, walking past the first 3 houses, just to get my heart pumping and then started the "trot"....and went to 7 Pines Drive and back WITHOUT STOPPING! YAHOO! My first "non stop" 2 mile run :)....

2 miles may be "peanuts" to most people, but I'm telling you, before this whole LOSE A TON thing, I barely could walk the dang 2 miles.....now I can TROT them - haha!

This just reminds me what I have "relearned" through this whole experience. YOU can do what YOU put your mind to....Kelly and I were talking about that earlier today...what a difference from a year ago, where I am right now with my physical strength and endurance... I have a long way to go, but have come a long way!

I'm just continually amazed at where the strength REALLY comes from.....that little thing sitting on top of your shoulders.....as I mentioned in our last airing on SHOW ME ST. LOUIS......If you can get your mind to do it, your feet will follow!!!

Had a great evening with some old friends.....It's so surreal when I see people I haven't seen for a while and they are so surprised to see the weight I have lost.....I'm kind of used to this weight now and actually, although I'm proud of what I have accomplished, still see that I have work left to do! But for those that have been used to seeing me padded with another 30 plus pounds on for many years, they are now calling me "skinny".....

SKINNY!?!?!? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!? I haven't heard that word associated with me for 100 years! Unless someone asked me if I wanted a "skinny cow" ice cream treat or something like that!? Although I am FAR from skinny, I must admit when someone uses that word, it does bring a smile to my face, almost a laugh, as SKINNY and MAUREEN have never been much of a pair.....

So tomorrow is Mother's Day - I'm so thankful that I'm a Mother to 2 such amazing young, beautiful women! And GRANDmother to 2 such amazing, young beautiful babies!!! How blessed can 1 person get! Although they are now in Heaven, I also had 2 amazing beautiful women to look up to - 1 was my mom, Marie - and the other was my mother in law- Mary.....2 ladies that I adored and respected and couldn't have asked for better role models!!!

I head to NY tomorrow for 6 days for work....It will be a very busy hectic schedule for sure...but I will enjoy the adventure.....

Just for now, enjoy your adventure, whatever it may be this week! But most of all, CHERISH your mom if you are BLESSED enough to still have her physically in your life....for those of us whose mothers have passed on, CHERISH the beautiful memories of your MOM....Happy Mother's day and God bless and keep all mothers wise and strong and full of the love they so freely give away!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment