Thursday, July 8, 2010

Day 193 - My how time flies..........

I am so caught up between my crazy job with a huge GO LIVE going on, and finding time to spend with my kids visiting from the MIddle East, that I find myself coming and going...... For so long this blog was just part of a routine, just like the gym and my healthy diet.....but lately...well, not so routine...

Good news and there is ALWAYS good news, just have to dig a bit deeper at times, is that my weight has not returned! HOWEVER, my diet has not been the same lately nor has my workout routine.

Tonight, while still at work at 7pm, my friend Jennifer called me for some "inspiration" to get ready for a "highschool reunion" occurring later this fall. My first thought was, WOW, she thinks I can INSPIRE her, now that is INSPIRING TO ME! And it made me think about the impact we have on each other's thoughts and lives......Sometimes what won't work for me at the moment is working just perfectly for someone else....like when you are in that "workout/weight loss mode" or that "clean out/declutter" mode or that "get all my to do's done", you know what I'm talking about?! How on earth can 1 minute find you so totally motivated and the next sitting like a slug?

I still say it is mind over matter. YOU make the decision and although the first so many steps may be like dragging a 50 pound bag of dog poop over your shoulder up a big hill, once you get halfway up, you can't believe you have made it this far with this smelly bag and by the time you get to the top of the hill, not only are you thrilled for your accomplishment, you don't even smell the dog poop anymore!??! Seriously, what the heck am I saying here!? I can tell that I am suffering from too many hours at work with not enough rest, but whatever, I'm on a roll here, so will keep typing this nonsense...

If we could just REMEMBER and more importantly BELIEVE that the capability lies totally within our 2 little hands (and feet and body and brain) - that's it!! In a nutshell!! The power is totally within YOU! And YOU can make it happen starting right NOW! All you have to do is START! And if day 1 isn't perfect, then make some improvements on Day 2, followed by more determination for Day 3 and so on...pretty soon SOME of it will seem so simple to you and you will start seeing the results....at that point, the results will drive bigger and better results to continue.....just like a snowball that starts small and as it rolls downhill, it gets bigger and bigger with more momentum (except of course in this case, we are striving for smaller and smaller with more momentum :)!)

So Jennifer, thanks for YOUR inspiration in reminding me it is time to start training for my 10K! I made the 5K and thought the 1/2 Marathon was a bit too big of a step next....so I plan to start training for a 10K......Not sure WHEN it will happen, but I plan to start looking around to see when the next one is available and engage my coach, Kelly to guide through some training.....
During that training, I will have the opportunity to kickstart my healthy eating again and get back to some gym time....AFTER of course my babies leave St. Louis.

Until then, I plan on exercising WITH them by walking with them, running after them and rocking them!

And Jennifer, in case you are reading this, I was serious about what really worked for me...I think that interval training/running was really responsible for the metabolism change that has occurred! After years of a sluggish metabolism, something has changed and I'm sure it is related to my diet/workout routine over the last 7 months. wow, what a gift that has been!

So, just for today, dig out a routine and get started.....whether it is just adding 6-8 glasses of water to your daily diet, or walking up the steps at work or parking at the furthest spot on the lot when you go shopping or park at work...whatever the case, make some change in your routine starting today! Make it a change that will INSPIRE you to make those healthy life changes you have been talking and dreaming about for far too long! It will be the best routine you ever started!

I have missed my blog - feels good already to be back to my "routine" -

No comments:

Post a Comment