Thursday, February 11, 2010

Day 35.....Long week......but amazing one...

This was an AMAZING week because our 2nd grandchild, Eva Marie, was born on Tuesday, February 9th, in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, arriving about 3 weeks early.....Emily, her mom and my daughter, had tested positive for strep B, a bacteria, so the plan was to give Emily a dose of antibiotics before they broke Emily's water, since she was already dilated to almost 3......They did all that, and Emily went from 4 to 10 in about 30 minutes - poor thing - the epidural didn't work well, but the best news was we have yet another BEAUTIFUL little granddaughter, who like her big sister Hannah, arrived with a head full of dark hair (good dominant gene from my wonderful, handsome son in law, Luis!) and simply beautiful like her mom too!

So that was definitely the AMAZING highlight of the week......Eva is still in the NICU because when she was born, she was experiencing some respiratory issues, shallow breathing, so she is receiving oxygen, on antibiotics, feeding her through a tube right now, and awaiting blood test results to see if she has any of the bacteria, or what could be causing her shallow breathing...BUT she is HOLDING HER OWN...that amazing little 6 1/2 pound bundle of PURE JOY AND GOODNESS..............please keep her and the family in your prayers....

HOLDING HER OWN,
hmmmmmmmmmmmm, that is exactly what I'm trying to do...........especially this week...
I was thinking the other day, wouldn't it be AWESOME if my 2 grandkids, almost 3 and newborn, only ever knew me as a "fit and trim" grandma?!?!? What a great goal that is, huh?!

This has been a rough week....could be due to the excitement and worry for poor little Eva Marie, although she is in good hands and coming along....just sooooooooooo hard to be across the world away when you want to just reach out and hold that baby, not to mention your kids as they go through all the stress and worry..

Could be related to this being day 35!!!!!!!!!! Yikes, that is 5 weeks........seems longer than that though - ha....

I take every Tuesday "OFF"...Trainer's orders, although I must say that is the EASIEST thing to do that my trainer asks me to do ....so come every Wednesday, it is like starting over...
I work a full plus day and then head to the gym.....on the way in on Wednesdays, I push myself through the door and just face the wicked machines, wondering who is going to WIN!?! But I find as I keep pushing myself, I start HOLDING MY OWN, just like Eva Marie :).....who would have known that this not yet 3 day old precious angel would be teaching her grandma something so quickly...........

Well Wednesday is"hump day", perfect name for that day.....when I make it through Wednesday, over that hump, I feel like I'm back to HOLDING MY OWN again....
even though today, my trainer put me through the most grueling training session yet......as I was hovering over that half ball thing that you try to balance on and not fall off and break your neck....while lifting weights at the same time while balancing, i could see the sweat drips dropping all around me on the floor.....i kept thinking "this is my last chance workout, just like on the Biggest Loser"....

The thing about having a trainer is, you are the ONLY one he is working with?! That means, that even though he just had you do 10 planks with hand slaps inbetween, once you get up, YOU'RE UP AGAIN FOR THE NEXT GRUELING EXERCISE.....once you do all those squats, get up again, for the next one.....and on and on and on.....they don't GO AWAY, or go train someone else....it is YOU and HIM.....so HOLDING YOUR OWN becomes even more challenging on trainer workout days..... but if he thinks I can do it, I MUST believe it too and just DO IT! Just like NIKE says.....

I said to my trainer at one point, I don't know WHY I'm so TIRED TODAY!? He said because I am working you hard! OHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, DUH!? I feel better now....
At least he admitted it.....and I did do everything he asked...like when I was in a plank and had to reposition my hands 1 at a time on top of the 3 tier step right in front of me, and then back on the floor, up 1 hand, then the other, down 1 hand and the other, up and down about 5 or more times...I lose count as I try to focus.....all the while my CORE is shaking up a storm :)...shake off you FAT core, I'm DONE WITH YOU!

Came home, pretty spent....trudged upstairs to take a hot bath.....fixed some dinner and I think it is about bedtime, even if it is only 815pm................

Long week full of blessings.....6 1/2 pound blessings...........and still HOLDING MY OWN....

Just for today....and this weekend, what are YOU doing to HOLD YOUR OWN!?

1 comment:

  1. Maureen you get to me everytime I read your Blog!! Praying for that precious baby. Proud to call you my friend as you keep my focused on what is real and important.. Keep up the good work, I spotted you on the treadmill with your cutie trainer Thursday night. He would keep me going too ;)

    ReplyDelete