Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Day 48 - Fun in Lax....dancing with Ellen

Wow, what a fun week so far!!!

On Monday, I hit the gym at 545am, to get my workout in before a half day of work and then catching the 245p flight to Lax.....meeting up with my sisters and brother for some "sibling" time on Monday....Monday night is full of good healthy food (organic veggies and salmon for me!), lots of fun, cards, laughs and walks down memory lane as we played cards at my sister's house in West Hollywood.....Time together with my siblings is so precious because we don't get to all be in the same city very often :(....My brother left that night to head back to San Diego, but my 2 sisters and I had some slumber partying to do....

On Tuesday morning, we hit the pool with some water aerobics....nice warm, BIG pool and good workout... good start to the day...Then home to get ready for the ELLEN show...
All I can say is I hope you can watch next Monday's ELLEN show, on March 1st...David Spade is the guest...He isn't what I want you to see...but instead you need to be watching out for my sister, Kathy, who is a STAR on the show! Well STAR may be a tad strong, but she is ON the show, and very entertaining.....that's all I can say...just watch it....she has a bright green shirt on and is on in the first 10 minutes....enjoy, we sure did!!! ELLEN was amazing to watch in person - she is as wonderful as I think she is when I tape her show and watch it on my TV every day...
She inspires me to be the best I can be and to be reaching out to help others in need...imagine the difference in this world if we all followed that lead??? WOW, that would be amazing for sure..

After ELLEN, we grabbed a healthy dinner (salad for me, no cheese, no tortilla strips, dressing on the side, to dip my fork tips in :)) and then went to my sister Sharon's house and caught up on a few movies that are up for Academy Awards.... Precious (wow, a bit depressing but very real and quite an eye opener!) and An Education (not my favorite pix)...then headed to bed..

This morning, I think I started waking up at 5am....then at 630am, Tyler, my original trainer, called to tell me that the new trainer he had picked out for me, Laurie, can't train me after all.
So my newest trainer will be Megan who I hope I get to work out with in the next day or so. I have met Megan, she's a doll and I'm sure will be a great trainer, just need to get going again with this...in the meantime, I'm working hard on my own....In fact, as soon as we landed this afternoon about 515p, I changed at the airport, and Doug picked us up and dropped me off at the gym to squeeze in my workout for today.....Put the bike on level 8 - trying to get my calorie burn up a bit, since the bike doesn't do nearly what the eliptical or treadmill does....Did 55 minutes followed by some floor work with weights, planks, push ups and sit ups....WHEW, I'm done for today!!!

Home to greet the pups that apparently really missed me :)....or at least they always put on a good act...you know the scene, tail wagging and nose on your lap!

Great trip, great laughs, amazing time with my incredible siblings whom I adore, good exercise (MAN we danced in our seats the whole show with Ellen!), good eating and now I'm ready for some good sleep.....Have a 6am conference call tomorrow morning, so heading to bed.....

So grateful for a bit of time away to laugh and relax and spend time with my brother and sisters!
Just for today, think about carving out some time to spend with your family!!! I'm so thankful to have had that opportunity this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment