Sunday, February 14, 2010

Day 38 - Attitude of Gratitude.................

So the most exciting thing to say is that Eva Marie is improving daily and may get to go home tomorrow!!! My daughter actually got to feed her today for a few minutes.....she is off antibiotics, off glucose, and the oxygen they are providing is just "free flow" oxygen in the incubator at 25 percent....down from 35 percent yesterday....21 percent is actually "normal" so they will try to get her to that and if so, can observe her outside of the incubator for 12 hours or so!!! YAY!!!
Gratitude for this beautiful strong little baby and her amazingly strong and wonderful parents...

Hannah, her almost 3 year old sister however remains a bit confused...she hasn't "met" Eva face to face as she hasn't been able to see her in the NICU...so she continues to lift up Emily's shirt to talk to her baby sister and continues to remind her mom to "eat this mommy, it is good for Eva"....
Emily tried to explain to Hannah that Eva is "sleeping with all the other babies" , to which Hannah asked "Why don't we wake her up?"
Gratitude for sweet little inquisitive toddlers...

In talking to my daughter, Kelly yesterday about my trip to the gym Saturday, I gave her the GOOD news that I had lost a few more inches, my BMI is now in the "normal range" and I lost a few more points on the body fat percentage, so I have dropped about 6 1/2 points on my body fat....glad to see it gone...I figure it must be some of the chocolate chip cookies and fannie may candy that I have been so close to for so many years :) - GOOD RIDDANCE...
Gratitude for fat that eventually leaves it's nest, even after holding on for so many years....

I also noticed that yesterday, the weight continues to come off, but SLOWLY.....but was reminded by both my trainer and my other trainer (aka Kelly :)), that it IS coming OFF and will CONTINUE to come off, be PATIENT.....
Gratitude for smart trainers and smart daughters and patience...........(I may have to search a bit for the patience but will continue to practice the positive mindset Kelly, I WILL LOSE THIS WEIGHT! Sending that message out to the universe LOUD AND CLEAR...)

So this morning, I jumped out of bed about 7am (jump may be a bit strong, but did get up rather quickly), wanted to get a lot done today, starting with talking to Emily, Luis and Hannah....
I went downstairs and soon heard Buster, my almost 10 year pld 4-legged son upstairs wanting to come down....(those that know me well, know he is treated like another child in the family....in fact for a while, when Kelly was living in North Carolina and Emily out of the country, I told them that Buster was the only one who stayed at home, so he would inherit whatever is there when we die, so they best be nice to him!!! ).. because of Buster's weight, he has difficulty making it down the steps, although at the vet on friday, we learned he has lost almost 2 pounds on "my" diet :)...
Anyway, I ran up to get him, all 21.6 pounds, and ran down the steps, turned to step down into the dining room.....BANG...........

I forgot ALL the cleaning supplies, mops etc were still there from Saturday as the cleaning was resuming this morning at 9am (Doug's Valentine's Day present to me - a real professional housecleaning so she was returning to finish today....)
My right foot came down hard on the top of a rectangular mop and although I didn't twist my ankle, I twisted my foot, the dog went flying out of my arms and down I crashed.....
Doug, SOUND asleep upstairs to this point, I'm sure thought we were having an earthquake....
He quickly shouted - are you OK????? I said, you better come down.... And down he ran...

I layed there for a minute or so, and told him to check on the dog...who immediately jumped up and seemed fine...thank goodness! I layed there just a minute longer and told Doug, I thought I was fine....Up I started and realized I may be fine, but my foot wasn't fine....so I got up with his help, hobbled to the couch and began the old ICE & ELEVATE process for most of the day...inbetween, I hobbled around pretty often to make sure I could move my foot okay, I can walk on my heel fine and even put a little weight on my toes....but I have quite a nice blue/purple area from where my little toe meets the rest of my foot to almost where my ankle is.... Funny thing is I did this SAME THING about 20 years ago, running out of the kitchen, stepping down into the garage on a garden hose!

Gratitude that I have a sense of humor and realize how lucky I am that I didn't break anything!

So, bummer, no gym visit today...but that doesn't mean I can't do something at home!
Kelly (remember her, aka Jillian :)) showed me the "bicep pushups" - I could squat with my legs stretched out in front of me (my bad foot resting on my good one, so no problem there) with your arms on the couch behind you and lift yourself up and down,up and down....plus I could hoist myself down on the floor and do the push ups with my knees bent (and bad foot lifted off the floor), not to mention lots of leg lifts and arm lifts etc.....so making the most of today...

Gratitude that this old blue/purple foot isn't going to bring me to a halt......

I emailed my trainer tonight to break the news as we have a filming tomorrow, to which I fully intend to attend....but wanted to warn him that WHAT we do may be affected.....He immediately called me and said "so now you are trying to break your ankle to get out of training with me?" - I love a trainer with a sense of humor......I reminded him that I am still working and coming tomorrow.....to which he said we should still find PLENTY to do.... YIKES, I may have LOTS to write about tomorrow.....

Gratitude that my trainer knows more than 1 way to skin a cat, or rather get an old woman into shape :)! Okay, not OLD, mature.......

Oh and 1 more thing, HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! Wow, I must say I never realized that I could celebrate Valentine's Day WITHOUT chocolate....and you know what, it's not bad!!!!

Gratitude for a Valentine's Day with many blessings OTHER than chocolate....

Thanks to my sweet husband....for my great gift....although we had someone here,to do the cleaning this time, he worked right alongside as he wanted everything MOVED and cleaned....pity that I had to sit and watch today :).........but I did have to clean off the beds then which were full of all the "stuff" that was elsewhere before the cleaning started!

Gratitude for Doug, we are there for each other always when we need it most! 31 years and going strong...

So for today, Happy Valentine's Day....wishing you all the love and blessings in your life that I feel in mine....You are truly a blessing to me - thanks for your love, support and prayers, today and always! Know that I value your friendship, love and support more than words can say or blogs can type!

No comments:

Post a Comment