Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Day 41 - Change and more change.....

Lots of changes going on......change can be amazing, tough, exciting, scary, hopeful, and a mixture of all of those emotions rolled into one......

So this past Monday, Channel 5 threw in an extra "workout day"....although we normally meet every monday, we were supposed to be off for 2 weeks from filming due to the olympic coverage and no SHOW ME ST LOUIS...but instead they told us to show up on Monday (President's Day) just for a workout and they would film and I assume save the footage for the 1st week of March when normal TV airing resumes....

Well, by Monday, my foot was pretty big and swollen despite my best icing and elevating attempts on Sunday after my fall (I was trying to get some exercise in between my leg lifts, 1 legged planks, arm exercises and whatever else I could do with 1 bum foot since I couldn't get to the gym....)...So I went in on Monday to the workout...I had called my trainer, Tyler to give him the news and he ended up calling me Monday morning to tell me he threw his back out and wouldn't make the workout but he would find someone else for me to work with that day...fine pair we are - huh?! So I opened my tennis shoes as wide as possible and shoved my foot in....there was no question I had a big fat foot going on, but I still needed to go in and try to get a workout in....

Well once we all got there, they surprised us by having us weigh in after all! The women that normally weighs us in at The Diabetes Institute in North County was here at the gym, with her scale and all! The weigh in, while it wasn't an "official" weigh in, offered a 2 lb. advantage for whoever had lost the most weight since the last weigh in and that 2 lb advantage would be available for them at the next weigh in which is Mar 2nd.....

One by one, we got on the scale...first the other team
Taira - lost 3 pounds
Cassy - stayed the same
Monica - lost 1 pound
and Jackie - the "screamer" - GAINED 3 or 5 pounds !!! I couldn't hear and didn't want to ask her, I felt so bad for her!!!

Next, my team....1 of the team members, Becky, who wants to be a "smoking hot bride" in her bio, wasn't there as she was out of town....

Kathleen - lost 3 pounds!
Maureen (me :)) - lost 2 pounds (glad all the fluid in my foot didn't make me gain!!!!)
Diane - lost 5 pounds!!!! She was the winner and deserved it with that loss!!!!!

So after the weigh in, I worked with my stand in trainer, Katie, who was great! She walked me through mostly an upper body workout as she saw my fat foot on the scale and knew I needed to give it a rest!

Since Monday, I have continue to ice and elevate but unfortunately the swelling continued pretty much and the foot just got more colorful as the week has gone by....today on my lunch, i started to go get Ashes for Ash Wednesday, but something told me instead I should head to the "doc in the box" to get the foot checked out.....well an exam and xray later revealed yet another
CHANGE....
My foot is fractured! WHAT a SHOCKER!!!! So tomorrow at 730a I head to the Orthopedic surgeon for a visit, but I'm hopeful that all will be fine and I will just have a cute big old BOOT to wear to the gym this week!!! This CHANGE is not going to hold me back...........

Speaking of CHANGE, some other significant changes to mention....

-EVA MARIE - She turned 1 week old on Tuesday and celebrated it by going home to live with her family - what an awesome CHANGE that was................She is precious beyond words.....

-TRAINER TYLER who I just love working with...threw me another CHANGE yesterday....
he just got a promotion to Director and will be moving to the Collinsville location and can't train me anymore...but he has found another trainer for me that he feels will be perfect for me! While I'm sooooooooo disappointed as I love the way he educates me, is sarcastic but challenging and fun and pushes me to my potential, I also know that CHANGE can be a good thing and I'm looking forward to meeting my new trainer too!!!

-LENT - This is a time to CHANGE yourself and become a better person....40 days ahead to kickstart that change.....

Today is February 17th, my sweet, amazing mom's 90th birthday.....she taught me a lot about CHANGE, how to embrace it and not be afraid of it..... Happy birthday to the most amazing mom I could ever have dreamed for - I miss you mom but am so grateful for all of life's lessons you shared and taught me.....I can handle CHANGE because of that....

Today is also the 4th anniversary of my sweet father in law's passing, Joe Roth - a great man who took on life with hard work, love of God and family, and an incredible sense of humor...thanks "Dad Roth" for showing us that CHANGE is what we make of it....the glass is half full and it's up to you how you look at something.....

So as I look at all the CHANGES the last few days have brought, I look forward to seeing just what I can do with them!

Just for today, embrace those CHANGES in your life!!! You just never know what that CHANGE will bring............

No comments:

Post a Comment