Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Day 82....Sweet victory.....1 rock at a time...go KATHLEEN!

You know even though I have become an "at home" Lose A Ton contestant, I still feel the excitement and anxiety for my buddies still "on the air" during their challenges or weigh ins.....

On Monday, the 5 remaining contestants had the challenge of climbing a rock wall....wow, I thought, I would love to have had the opportunity to do that! Easy for me to say, I didn't have the opportunity! I did, however, have the opportunity to hear about it from my friends, after the fact, and to see them on SHOW ME St. LOUIS today....they were amazing....this I have to share....

One of the remaining contestants is my dear friend, Kathleen....she is an adorable, amazing young woman who shared with me that she has battled weight her entire life....she and I were actually in the bottom 2 the week I was eliminated from the "on air" contest....I must admit, as sad as I was to lose, I was even happier that Kathleen won...you see Kathleen is just one of those women you meet, that you instantly like and respect and want only the best for...but most of all, she DESERVES to be in the finals for this contest....let me explain...

While Kathleen didn't WIN the challenge this week, she was, I understand, 1 "hand" away from winning....Kathleen has come that close on most of the challenges and many of the weigh ins...but that doesn't slow her down or stress her out...she keeps on going and trying and working hard..

The rock climb was a particularly tough one for Kathleen and apparently when she heard they were going there, it really got to her...you see, years ago, when she was only in 8th grade and overweight, her class went to a rock climb and she had to sit out because of her weight....can you even imagine how tough that must have been for an 8th grader?! Fast forward, years later, and here she is, again faced with this challenge and wondering CAN I DO IT THIS TIME?!?!

Well, I'm proud to say (I AM old enough to be her mother, for goodness sakes, so let me act like she is my 3rd daughter for just a minute or 2.....), she DID IT! She made the climb, fought through her fear, and while she didn't win the "prize of 2 tickets", she won WAY MORE THAN THAT YESTERDAY! She won her sense of pride and accomplishment back, which is something no tickets could EVER compare to!!!!!! Kathleen, you are truly a ROCK STAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(no pun intended)...I am sooooooooooo proud of you, I almost cried when I watched you on TV!

Today was the "weigh in" for the "final 5"....on Friday, the final 5 becomes the "final 4"....
1 more contestant becomes an "at home" contestant.....and this group of 4 will have 1 more weigh in, before they announce the final 3, from which 1 winner will emerge! I don't want to spoil the results from today, as I do have "connections" so I know the results, but will wait until the show airs tomorrow before I spill any more details....

You go girls! Congratulations to all 5 of you - you rock!!! I'm with you from the "sidelines" working my darndest to keep up!

Until tomorrow, what can you do to "rock", since "rock" seems to be the word of the day!?
And don't consider "rocking" yourself to sleep, that won't burn enough calories....

No comments:

Post a Comment