Monday, April 5, 2010

Day 88 - The Final Four....my predictions are coming true!

The final four.....my brackets have panned out after all.....how did you do?

I'm not talking about basketball here, I'm talking about the Lose a Ton Contest :)!
I picked the final 4!!!! And they are....drumroll, please....

Kathleen - my sweet, young, amazing friend, who is changing her life, 1 pound at a time....
Diane, my sweet, amazing "my age" friend, who is changing her life, 1 pound at a time....
Taira, my sweet, "mother of 3 adorable red heads" friend, changing her life 1 pound at a time, and
Monica, my sweet, "young mother of an adorable little boy" friend, changing her life 1 pound at a time...

Wow, sweet success, down to the "final 4"....the final stretch is straight ahead, the end of this month....

What a journey this has been...not just for the "final 4" but for the 8 "at home" contestants as well....

We've sweated, laughed, cried, ached, broken bones and records TOGETHER......We gotten healthier, felt better, found too many reasons to mention to be proud of ourselves and each other....we've gained new friends for life, found strength in ourselves and each other.....all because of LOSE A TON challenge, who would have thought!?!

In just 3 months, look what has happened? And is still happening!!! Now, we just need to plant these seeds of strength, endurance, power and let them grow inside to keep this journey going well beyond the finale on April 30th....

What an honor and an opportunity this has been......I thank the ladies for their participation, friendship and amazing accomplishments, the trainers for kicking our butts and the TV for continuing to show our "BROAD" side (TV does add 10 pounds you know!) to remind us to keep working harder each week....

But remember, we are all on the home stretch.....so keep on plugging away, I know I am...
I made it through Easter without 1 blasted chocolate egg....As I type, I can hear all those eggs sitting in the basket in the diningroom calling my name, but I have ignored them and plan to continue while I empty the basket out on the neighborhood kids :)...

I happened to run into Kathleen on Easter Sunday at Church - she looks amazing! As we hugged, I told her to call me if any chocolate egg tried to get the best of her on Easter Sunday! And she told me to do the same....we never heard from each other, so that's a good sign!

So, a toast to the 12 ladies of LOSE A TON! Here's to the fat we left behind and never plan on finding again.....
Until tomorrow what have you left behind lately that you would like to toast to?!

No comments:

Post a Comment