Monday, April 26, 2010

Day 110 - Diet tip #99....Share with Hannah :)...Just in time for the FINAL weigh in...ready or not!?

After spending 6 short, but glorious days with the kids and granddaughters in Abu Dhabi, I'm home......As with every adventure, I learned a few things on the trip...

1) Diet tip #99 - If you want to stay on your diet, just share with Hannah Isabel, my adorable 3 year old granddaughter....If it is anything good, she will keep the big "half" and give you the small half - ha! A child after my own heart and thank you Hannah for helping Grandma stay on her diet the whole trip!

2) Walking/running in Abu Dhabi is not only a great cardio workout, your sweat glands work in overdrive as well! I'm pretty certain that all of those toxins you sweat out of your body are lying on the sidewalk somewhere between Emily and Luis's beautiful villa and the corniche.....as that is the stretch I journeyed over each day in Abu Dhabi....I'm sure there were many "locals" wondering who was that strange American woman, running in that get up, with water bottle in tow, and sweating like crazy! Hope it did burn some of those calories!!!!

3) Time spent with your family is PRICELESS! No, this isn't a NEW revelation, just definitely worth repeating.....Hannah Isabel, at 3, is smart, funny and adorable....Eva Marie is so precious and just starting to try to coo....to cute for words! I love my children and grandchildren and thank the good Lord above for the tremendous blessing I received with Emily, Kelly, Luis, Hannah and Eva!!! (and Doug to :), but I was focusing on "kids" right now...)
and Buster and Charlotte too of course, those 4 legged kids are priceless as well! And they were as glad to see us as we were to see them!

4) 15 1/2 hour flights are hard on the body and that was just from Dubai to Atlanta! Man, coach class is not the best sleeping arrangement, no matter how you sit in the seat! But did manage to get in some cat naps and took a long stretch halfway through the flight..Also caught a few movies.....Best part was making it from "door to door" in only about 20 hours, instead of the usual 24 plus!

5) Spending 6 days in Abu Dhabi did not give us enough time to fully get on "their time", so hoping the switch back to "our" time will be fairly easy.....After a few cat naps on the plane last night, I have been up since arriving in Atlanta at 6am today....but I can feel bedtime coming very soon....

6) Camels and sand storms are ALIVE and WELL in UAE! I got a first hand look at both of them....still tasting the sand in my mouth....got some great camel pixs too!

Day 110 came much quicker than I thought it would...tomorrow is FINAL WEIGH IN~ I seriously have NO idea how much weight I have lost....I was doing well before I left but hoping to lose a few more pounds before our final weigh in....hoping some of that sweating in Abu Dhabi paid off...but will have to wait until tomorrow to see if it did or not....I know that I am very proud of my accomplishments on this journey....I'm not done yet, regardless of the "final weigh in" tomorrow....this is a journey, not a race.....so I will keep going to get to my goal weight and also to my "fitness" goal...Hoping to do a 5K in a few weeks....Plus I "pitched" the idea of a LOSE A TON reunion show the end of the year to the Producer...As hard as losing the weight is, it is even harder to keep it off....hoping a "reunion show" will keep us all in check and give us the opportunity to get to a good weight and maintain it for a while until we can really grab hold of our new body and new weight....

Until tomorrow, think about what your plan is to not only attain your goal, whatever it may be, but to MAINTAIN your goal as well......Off to bed....filming at 830a in the morning at the weigh in....will likely air something on SHOW ME ST. LOUIS on Wednesday....all I know for sure is the FINALE is LIVE on this Friday, April 30th on the 3pm, Channel 5, SHOW ME ST. LOUIS show...be there or be square :).....via DVR of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment