Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Day 98 - And off we go.............

As I sit here at 120am....just about finished packing for Abu Dhabi....I'm tired from a long day, but excited about what happens next....heading to see the kids TODAY......YAY!

Had a early start today at the office by 615am....I had high hopes of getting in there early, getting my stuff done and getting out by 4p or so...about 630p I left the office, went to do the nail thing and eyebrows etc (OUCH that hurts!) and was home by 830p.

Then the dreaded PACKING began...I had started a bit of packing yesterday but for some reason I get frozen when I start packing...I tend to just keep staring at all the stuff that needs to go INTO the bag, instead of just picking the stuff up and putting it INTO the bag...when we go see the kids, I bring so much stuff for them, that I have to make "baggage content lists" for each bag just in case the bags get lost....You know how it is when the kids are so far away and literally you only see them a couple times a year..you have to fit in all the holidays you missed plus all the cute little things you have picked up over the last several months..and pretty soon the bags are bulging with stuff! And now there are 2 beautiful babies to spoil, plus Luis and Emily, so that equals a lot of STUFF! Doug and I manage to squeeze our clothes into as small of a space as possible...

The carry on is the IMPORTANT bag....If we need to, we will be able to provide the ENTIRE airplane their choice of PEEPS, granola bars, M&M minibags (for Emily's 1st graders), Fannie MAY (for the kids NOT me!!!), Thai lime cashews (Luis LOVES lime!), Lime chips (what can I say, I LOVE my son in law), cadbury eggs (and love EMILY too!)....and that isn't even the entire list! There are also some flatbread crackers and individual bags of tuna - 24 hours of flying, I can't rely on airline food being too healthy!!!

Moving off the subject of food......

I watched the LOSE A TON today and it is down to 4 ON AIR contestants, Diane, Taira, Kathleen and Monica. They have all been amazing and look fantastic! Unfortunately, 1 more has to go home on Friday and it will be down to the "final 3"....so excited for them at what they have accomplished on this journey! I can't wait to join them the end of the month at our final "blindfolded" weigh in on the 27th, which I understand we will then be LIVE on the SHOW ME ST> LOUIS show on Friday, April 30th....more on that later...

Between the LOSE A TON today and AMERICAN IDOL tonight and DANCING WITH THE STARS last night, they all have some type of "eliminations"...they are all painful to watch and some even make you cry! But they all also make you feel so proud of those that are being eliminated, for what they have accomplished!

So just a little over 2 weeks to go in my LOSE A TON journey - wow it has been lots of hard work and sweat and a few tears, but so incredibly wonderful......I feel great and have never really felt deprived at all, but more energized than ever (except for right now - ha!)

So heading to bed to catch a few hours before the alarm goes off at 630a....5 hours from now...
So until tomorrow, which is already actually today, think about YOUR journey these last 98 days...how have you changed?! We are not done yet, so keep it up...WE CAN DO THIS, I will be..........in Abu Dhabi!!! (and I understand I will be SWEATING :)!)

No comments:

Post a Comment