Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Day 90 - I made it in the Ladue News :)

A few weeks ago, I got a call from Julie @ the Ladue News....she said she wanted to interview me about the LOSE A TON contest.....My daughter's friend, Jenny, works there and had shared my blog with Julie and after reading some of it, she decided to call and do a story.....What a surprise!

http://www.laduenews.com/articles/2010/04/01/living/wellness/doc4bb4db7c5df99766626388.txt

My first thought was almost a bit fearful, "what will the other contestants think?" I felt a little odd getting the interview, after all, I'm just an "at home" contestant now.....After all, what did I really have to share? My pictures aren't great and after all, I'm only down 20 something pounds, unlike some of the rock stars still on TV that are in the 30's and 40's weight loss area now...

Then I realized..........STOP THE NEGATIVE TALK, DO THE INTERVIEW AND ENJOY AND CELEBRATE YOUR ACCOMPLISHMENTS THUS FAR!!!

So often, I find that I have to talk myself back to feeling good about where I am and what I have done in this contest...I have a terrible tendency to keep comparing myself and wondering WHY CAN'T I DO THAT? HOW COME I HAVEN"T LOST MORE WEIGHT? WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?

So I decided I needed to sit down and have a talk with myself....remind myself about where I have come from the last 90 days....remind myself that I am working hard and despite the scale not showing it like I would like it to, I'm making headway and changing my life....Sometimes all it takes is a little "self talk time" - although an earlier talk with my sweet daughter Kelly tonight, also bordered on that same conversation.....

So I guess the point of this column is to CELEBRATE YOUR VICTORIES, EVEN WHEN THEY AREN"T EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR! Take the time to recognize your accomplishments and it is okay to give yourself a pat on the back every once in a while!

Since Easter my foot was swelling a bit more, so the last couple of days, I took the easy route and just did a bike ride for a few miles...so tonight, when I had a training session, it didn't take long and I was sweating and huffing and puffing.....At first, Ms. Self Doubt was there at the gym, thinking, I don't know if I can do this, up and down, push ups, planks, squats, weights, over and over.....after about 30 minutes, we went outside and she had me doing a series of squats followed by sprinting across the lot and sprinting back and more squats....by this time, my shirt was soaked, I was totally out of breath but I was HAPPY! Ms Self Doubt had LEFT THE PARKING LOT and I was back in my sweaty happy zone....

So the moral of the story is.....believe in yourself and don't give up! It's okay to have that doubt and question yourself sometimes, but make sure you do what you need to do to pull yourself back out of it! And most of all, celebrate your victories and enjoy your accomplishments!
Just for today, remember and celebrate your accomplishments and remember how it feels so you will know what to do the next time you need the boost!

No comments:

Post a Comment