Thursday, April 29, 2010

Day 113 - How on earth did the "Finale" get here so quickly?!?!

Only 1 day left before the big finale....wow, seems impossible to believe that this day is here already....but there were times, you remember, when the sweat was dripping off my brow, as I barely kept my balance on the half ball (still can't remember the names of some of this equipment - ha!) or when the trainer would say "10 more" when I was seriously ready to lay down on the dirty gym floor due to lack of oxygen and energy....and now, NOW I"M NOT READY FOR THIS DAY TO BE HERE :(

Happy?! Yes, very much so.....I'm down 30 pounds from January 7th
Proud of myself?! Yes, very much so...as Hannah Isabel would say "I deed it!" although I still want to get another 7 pounds or so off....
Scared?! Yes, very much so.....as hard as it was to lose it, it is even harder to keep it off!!!!
Fat, fat go away, don't come again another day........................

It's so easy when you are IN THE ZONE, but what happens if I happen to drive OUT OF THE ZONE?! Then what? I talk to my friends at work and hear their struggles and recognize every one of them as struggles from my past, that I don't want as a struggle in my future....

So what is the answer?!
Keep on moving
Eat healthy, treat yourself here and there, but "live" in the zone with your diet
Keep the stress OUT of your life

It was about a year ago, when I started gaining my weight back that I had previously lost on Weight watchers...we had gone on a trip to Greece with the family and while I did great on the trip, I got back to my job and TONS OF STRESS at work....seriously, I don't know what happened next...but within a month or 2, I had gained 25 pounds back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The sad part was that I wasn't really overeating....but I was experiencing lots of stress at work and lots of long hours and those 2 things added up to lots of desk sitting and weight gain!
I was so frustrated and miserable....and it seemed like no matter what I did, I couldn't get in "the zone".....then in December, along came the LOSE A TON opportunity....and the rest of the story, you know!

So this time, I'm going to put into practice what I learned.....you see when I did lose 30 pounds on Weight watchers before, that was great, BUT, I wasn't exercising the way I did this time....
Man, this time I WORKED for this weight loss....It still seemed to come off more slowly than I would have liked, but it did come off but with lots of sweat and exercise and healthy eating! I feel healthier than I have in years.....

So, tomorrow, during the LIVE finale on SHOW ME ST. LOUIS on Channel 5 @ 3pm, I'm going to think about that moment, how great I feel, how happy and healthy I am, and try to lock that memory in......Let's feel great about where we are and what we have accomplished! It was never easy, but boy was it worth it!

And to the 3 finalists, my good pals, Diane, Kathleen and Taira and all the rest of the LOSE A TON group- you girls are ROCK STARS!

We did it girls! We made it to the end! But the "end" is just really the beginning....the beginning of a new and healthier way to live and live longer!!

So just for today, remember the "end" is not the "end", but rather it represents a whole new beginning.....what is your new beginning!?

1 comment: