Sunday, January 17, 2010

Day 10 - "Last chance workout weekend"

Well tomorrow is our first "challenge"! It will be the Determined Divas (my team) against the Fit & Fabulous team .. GO DETERMINED DIVAS!!!! I am meeting my trainer at Club Fitness at 815am to head out together to the Club Fitness in Ballwin, for a 9a-10a challenge - Can't wait to see what it is!



For any of you that watch "Biggest Loser", you know all about "last chance workouts"....well I am looking at this weekend as my "last chance workout weekend" before our 1st weighin (and elimination) on Tuesday!



Friday night, I kicked it in gear with my hour plus on the eliptical.....still can't believe I made it!



Saturday, I worked out with my trainer - we did lots of kick boxing and boxing, between planks, lunges & squats - wow, that seriously works up a sweat! But it was fun! Plus I did some time on the eliptical and treadmill. In the afternoon, I went to a fun baby shower and passed up everything! No chips, no nuts, no pasta con broccoli, dollar roll sandwiches, cake, iced sugar cookies, m&m's (my favorite!) & white chocolate cute little homemade baby item shaped candies.....I clearly remember from Weight Watchers about "planning ahead", so I fixed a big protein shake (ultra meal dutch chocolate with ice cubes, water and a frozen banana - YUM) and waited until I got there to have it....It worked really well! OMG, thank goodness I brought that or it would have been DANGER AHEAD! I had a great time, even without eating any of the temptations lurking all around me.....



Sunday (today) I went back for another round on the eliptical, 1 hour 5 minutes 15 seconds (but who was counting :) - I'm not totally sure about the "seconds" part :).... After that I did about 5 planks and tried to hold up as long as I could and then hold 10 seconds more....whew, the belly was shaking! I plan on doing a few up/down the steps at home tonight, just to keep the burning going....



When I went into Kohl's on Saturday after my "boxing", I could still feel my body burning, really weird... I was still sweating! I did email Tyler, my trainer, just to make sure that was normal. I feel that more now after I workout, so that must be a good thing! Tyler told me that my body should feel like that when we are done but only for a short period....so that's good!

Hard to believe this is DAY 10!
But with 10 days into LOSE A TON, I know I have given my very best .....my diet has been great, I'm exercising 6 days per week (and walking on the 7th per my trainer - have to let the body rest a bit)....I can't wait to see what Tuesday's weigh in day brings - and whatever it brings, I will be happy with what I have accomplished thus far!!!


Just to refresh your memory, this is how it works..



On Tuesday, both teams weigh in...Each team is comprised of 6 women and the bottom 2 women from EACH team will be up for elimination... What happens next is the 4 women will be named on the website as the "bottom 4" and JOHN Q PUBLIC (that's where YOU come in :) will be asked to vote (on the website) for the 1 woman from EACH team that you would like to stay....I'm hoping that I don't fall "below the yellow line", but if I do, I will be asking for your vote to stay in this contest! I've worked very hard, but I know the other 11 women have also!

As far as when this will be on Show Me St. Louis:

Monday's challenge will be filmed tomorrow and will air on this Tuesday.
Tuesday's weigh in will be filmed and will air on this Wednesday.
That means whoever falls into the bottom 4 (I'm thinking positive here) would be asking for votes from Wednesday on.....

Thanks for the tremendous support and love I have felt already on this journey.....I only hope that if you are reading this, you are finding some inspiration, hope, ideas & confidence for your journey as well!

Here's the link to KDSK site which will have all the updates as well.

http://www.ksdk.com/sales/splash/lose_ton/default.aspx?menuid=129

Enjoy the rest of your weekend! Until tomorrow, laugh hard, and often, laughter is truly the best medicine for the soul. But don't forget the medicine for the body - GET OFF THE COUCH :).....ok, AFTER the football games....

No comments:

Post a Comment