Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Day 6 - Has anyone seen my time, I seem to have lost it...

How can it possibly be 925pm? Seems like only minutes ago, I was turning off the alarm clock and jumping out of bed....well maybe "jumping" is overstating it a bit, although my soreness is better today....

Get into work by 715am - the day whizzed by between conference calls, emails, projects, word docs, spreadsheets, not to mention my hard boiled egg, yogurt & blueberries, followed by lunch of chicken, raw veggies and blueberries/strawberries, high fiber muffin with a small smear of Smart Balance PB.....then whoosh....change into my gym clothese and run out of work by 5pm to the gym....

Here goes.....10 minute warm up on the bike, then about 30 minutes INTENSE with the trainer until I was sweating and kept thinking "isn't it 630p yet?" followed by 30 minutes on the eliptical......climb off the machine and wipe it down (all that sweat!), and slowly make my way to the locker room.....sit down and drink a big gulp or 3 of water......I happen to catch this RED FACED woman in the mirror - HOLY COW, is that me? My trainer decided that since I am back tomorrow night for another hour, he would do 30 minutes tonight followed by 30 on the machines so tomorrow we could do a full hour workout on the floor YIKES followed by who knows what else!? I can do this, I can do this, I can do this... I want to do this....I want to do this....

After resting a few minutes, I get my coat on and head outside - temp is a balmy 40 something today - yahoo, snow is melting....spring is coming (the power of positive thinking....)... now off to Dierbergs...they have become my personal chef.....order some baked fish with Mrs. Dash and head home.....

It is now 730p and I'm walking in the door - STARVING! Well not really, but it just feels like it.... Heat up my veggies and fish and Doug and I sit down to watch the episode of Biggest Loser that aired last night (Last night I was working out at my sister's gym so I missed it!)....

I must say that watching Biggest Loser now means more than it EVER did before....I can really feel their pain. Although I'm not screaming in the gym (YET), I can understand their venting and crying....But I am grateful....grateful for this opportunity, grateful for the sore muscles, grateful for actually looking FORWARD to the foods I'm eating each day, grateful for the hot shower and nice warm bed......

As I worked through the 30 minutes on the eliptical with my sore muscles and the ramdom hills I set up, I was watching the national news....I didn't have my headphones on, but didn't need them to see what was happening....It was picture after picture of Haiti and all the devastation there......It was hard for me to think about any of this challenge, job, family, at that point..all I could think of was THEIR struggle and how mine suddenly seems light as a feather.

Until next time, please say a prayer or think a good thought for all those poor folks in Haiti. Better yet, consider sending a small gift to the American Red Cross.....We are fighting a battle of health, but they are fighting the battle of their life.....Please keep them in your prayers....

Now I'm off to a hot shower, food journaling, pack my gym bag for tomorrow and fall into my nice bed! How lucky I am!!!

1 comment:

  1. Just love your descriptions and your heart. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete