Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Day -2 Time to get pumped......

Time to get pumped......tomorrow is weigh in day and workout night! Never thought I would get excited about weighing in. Well actually it isn't about weighing in, it is more about a new beginning.....

Yesterday the producer of the show emailed us to send in a "bio and some pictures". Assuming it will be posted somewhere on the KSDK Channel 5 website under the LOSE A TON section after Friday. Then today I got a call saying the interviews scheduled for 9a tomorrow were moved to 330p today due to the heavy snow forecast tonight and tomorrow. They told us to bring pictures and "goal clothes" if we had any. "Goal clothes"? I have lots of those - I can bring 1 size for my goal for week 1, another size for my goal for week 2.....and so on....am I the only one with different sizes in my closet?

I got downtown early as there was no traffic. I just sat in the lobby and talked with the security guard until a few more of my "competitors" arrived.......There was a young girl who told me she had already worked out with her trainer 4 times and was so sore she couldn't walk up the steps.....then there was another gal probably late 30's or early 40's - she too had already done a session with her trainer and had been on the eliptical for 30 minutes! WHAT!?!?!? Are you kidding me?!?!? 30 minutes???? Uh oh, I better get busy...and the 3rd lady seemed to be closer to my age (at least I thought she was, she may have been much younger!) - she also had seen her trainer and started working out and said she was sore too.....

Have I seen my trainer yet? No :( - I was supposed to go last night, but he was sick. I go for my first session tomorrow night at 7p.....good way to follow up the official weigh in tomorrow afternoon. And I am ready to be sore (although you may have to remind me I said that in a few days...) Anyway, back to the interviews today.....

It was a very casual interview. They asked me to sit on the stool and look at the BRIGHT light and I do mean BRIGHT! I couldn't even see her! She just started asking me all kinds of questions.... why did I want to do this? tell me about your family? what food will you miss most? and on and on...I'm sure they will edit out most of it, which is good, because seriously I felt like I was stammering through the interview, blinded by the light.....and thus my TV air time begins - ha! I brought all my signs that Kelly had posted in the house the day I found out I had made the show....I also brought a bag of "treats" for them - I had to clean out the cupboard and so I brought it to them! I think they were eating them by the time I was walking up the stairs!

I came home and started taking Christmas decorations down.....seems like everything in the house is going through a "shedding" stage - OUT with the old, IN with the new!

Had some great church time tonight at Encounter - awesome, inspiring talk by a friend, Bobby Keppel, and some great music to just give me that last bit of courage and confidence to move ahead and do this!

So what next? Time to get going on this plan....time to execute....planning stage is ending, I'm ready to deploy this project! Oops, this "project" is me....but you know what I mean...

Hope you are still going to come along and see what differences you can make in your life too!
It's easy at this point to just say, nah, I think I will just "wait" or "I'll start later" or "I don't have time for this now".....believe me, NOW is the time....TODAY is the day....what the heck are you waiting for? I don't know about you, but I'm tired of waiting.....

BTW, the interviews are scheduled to air this Friday, January 8th, 3pm on SHOW ME ST. LOUIS - should be interesting!!!! Wish me luck, as I do you!!! More on the weigh in and 1st workout tomorrow....I'm assuming the only thing that won't be sore are my fingers, so I should be able to do the blog :)...

Until tomorrow, sleep well and dream about the new you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment