Monday, January 4, 2010

Day -4 - You ate it, you write it down!

Back to work today after a nice long vacation off... After all the "water facts" yesterday, I went right into work and I filled up my HUGE water jug and realized about 530p that I still had a 1/2 jug left.....so I stood at my desk, with my coat on, and just kept drinking until I finished the last drop.... I felt like I was floating but was happy with myself that I did it! It is amazing how you can make yourself feel good about the little accomplishments!

What's my next plan of action..... WRITE IT DOWN..

-So here goes, it if goes in the pie hole, it goes down in the journal - why?
Lots of good reasons....

-I need to see exactly what I am eating. If they are poor food choices, it will make me very aware and if they are good food choices, it will make me feel good about that day of eating! If I'm not losing weight, I can go back and see why...
-This will help me ensure I'm getting at least 5 servings of fruits/veggies a day - harder to do than you think!
-If I choose to count my calories, it will be much easier to do with a food journal
-If I have to write it down, I won't have that extra serving or that candy bar! Who wants to
have to write that down???
-Sometimes I just eat and then don't even realize all I have eaten....writing it down will eliminate that bad "boredom eating" for sure!
-Along with recording what I'm eating, I may also add how I'm feeling, especially on a really bad or really good day. Why? Because I want to better understand exactly what drove me to those choices that day, whether they are good or not so good!

I'm choosing a small journal that fits in my purse so I have it with me at all times - in fact, I was just about to throw out my last year's calendar book which is basically empty, since I never write anything down in there! So instead, I will fill up those pages with my food journaling using the right calendar date! Now there's a green tip for you!

So my whole point of this is to get healthy by losing some pounds and exercising! So here's a fun list to help you visualize what you are losing based on the pounds you lose.... Thanks to Tricia from work for providing this entertaining list......not sure where it came from, but it is quite interesting...

I thought I wanted to lose the cheese an American eats in a year but I think i'm going to go for the mid size microwave instead :) - which one are you choosing?

A way to visualize what you are losing!

1 pound = a Guinea Pig /4 sticks of butter
1.5 pounds = a dozen Krispy Kreme glazed donuts
2 pounds = a rack of baby back ribs
3 pounds = an average human brain
4 pounds = an ostrich egg
5 pounds = a Chihuahua
6 pounds = a human's skin
7.5 pounds = an average newborn
8 pounds = a human head
10 pounds= chemical additives an American consumes each year
11 pounds = an average housecat
12 pounds = a Bald Eagle
15 pounds = 10 dozen large eggs
16 pounds = a sperm whale's brain
20 pounds = an automobile tire
23 pounds = amount of pizza an average American eats in a year
24 pounds = a 3-gallon tub of super premium ice cream
25 pounds = an average 2 year old
30 pounds = amount of cheese an average American eats in a year
33 pounds = a cinder block
36 pounds = a mid-size microwave
40 pounds = a 5-gallon bottle of water or an average human leg
44 pounds = an elephant's heart
50 pounds = a small bale of hay
55 pounds = a 5000 BTU air conditioner
60 pounds = an elephant's penis (yep, weights more than his heart!)
66 pounds = fats and oils an average American eats in a year
70 pounds =an Irish Setter
77 pounds = a gold brick
80 pounds = the World's Largest Ball of Tape
90 pounds = a newborn calf
100 pounds = a 2 month old horse
111 pounds = red meat an average American eats in a year
117 pounds = an average fashion model (and she's 5'11")
118 pounds = the complete Encyclopedia Britannica
120 pounds = amount oftrash you throw away in a month
130 pounds = a newborn giraffe
138 pounds = potatoes an average American eats in a year
140 pounds =refined sugar an average American eats in a year
144 pounds = an average adult woman (and she's 5'4")
150 pounds = thecomplete Oxford English Dictionary
187 pounds = an average adult man
200 pounds = 2 Bloodhounds
235 pounds = Arnold Schwarzenegger
300 pounds = an average football lineman
400 pounds = a Welsh pony"

Until tomorrow, keep drinking the water, and start writing down what you are eating....we are getting close to weigh in day......coming on Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. Maureen, I sent you a calorie counting booklet with the amounts of everything and a food and exercise journal to list them. They were in the first shipment of things I sent.
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use the "lose It" Ap on my I Phone, it helped me to lose 25 lbs.. once you start to think about it, it make a huge difference.... be sure to reverse out the calories your burn too... also treating yourself once a day helps to keep you from cheating... my favorite treat... health bar mini at the end of the day ...38 calories...

    ReplyDelete