Friday, January 1, 2010

Day -6 - Your perception is your reality, but is it really real?

Happy 2010 & welcome to a brand new decade of your life .... as day 1 of the next decade begins....

Your perception is your reality, but is your perception really real?
What exactly does this mean to you? What is your perception? What is the reality?

I was thinking about this yesterday... this is some deep stuff, I know for day 1 of the new year ..

Your perception creates your reality so that means what you see is what you get. This really says that what you choose to see determines what you get.

Dr. Wayne Dyer says - "When YOU change the way YOU look at things, the things YOU look at change." Wow, that is really powerful when you think about it. You have the power to change the things you are looking at just by the way you think about them!

This last sentence is going to help me through my challenge ahead in "getting healthier". For example, if I look at working out as something I hate to do, don't have time to do, or don't want to do, I will be finding every excuse (and believe me, I have a ton of them!) to NOT do it.... If however, I perceive working out as something that will get me to my goal, make me feel better (and bonus is looking better!) and improve my health, I will look forward to it.

Will I be sore - YES, will I be tired at first - YES, but if I can just see my way past the beginning challenges and start seeing the benefits of feeling better, I can do it! And don't think I won't have to repeat this same message to myself come next week, I will!

So take some time today and think about the way you look at things......are they really as you see them? Or do you need to look a little deeper and maybe change the way you are thinking about some things in your life.

This "perception is your reality" isn't just about your weight or whether you want to or should work out....it is about everything in your life! So take some time to come to terms with how you look at things - and whether or not you should take another look and change the way you think about someone or some thing! It's a new year, time to do a bit of inventory and house cleaning and that housecleaning goes way beyond those dust bunnies under your bed.....

A good cleanse is a perfect way to start the new decade......remember we are in the planning stage, getting ready for the kick off next Thursday, January 7th! Hope you can join in this journey for 2010 and make some positive changes in your life!

Just 1 funny comment.....my husband walked in as I was writing this, so I asked him if I could read it to him....always works better to read it aloud before you hit "PUBLISH POST"....his comment "sounds like you should be a Priest" - I'll take that as a compliment and go ahead and publish this one...

Until tomorrow, make today a day worth remembering!

1 comment:

  1. Mo, Priest or no priest, keep it up, girl! I'm sure you're inspiring others to join you on your quest for better health:) Love you, and remember the Rock Gymn is open 24/7.
    kathy

    ReplyDelete