Monday, January 25, 2010

Day 18 - What are you SURE of????

So I knew Sunday was jam packed with lots of things to do......working out, church, errands to run, massage to have before my gift certificate expires, laundry, some work....you know the list....I knew FOR SURE I had to get these things done... which is probably why I was wide awake at 615am...ARE YOU KIDDING ME, my only day of the week to sleep in....oh well, rise and shine and start ticking those things off the "list"....

We always go to 6pm mass but Doug wanted to go earlier because of all the football playoffs, but I couldn't go to 1215pm mass (which is when he wanted to go) , because my massage was at 1pm...decisions, decisions, what to do first!?

I was SURE I should get an early start to the gym so off I went by 710a, only to get there and find on Sundays only, they don't open until 8am :(......DANG....
So not to lose any precious time, I was SURE I could just run home quick and still make it to 730am mass...(I was SURE I didn't want to go to church in my workout clothes!) ...well I made it by 735a...only to find out it started at 715a, gosh I was SURE it was 730a.....Oh well, I stayed after a bit and had a talk with the Man upstairs, to thank Him for his guidance and strength...I know the strength I find at the gym is NOT mine, I'm SURE about that one....so after Mass, I ran into the father of one of Kelly's former gradeschool classmates....I hadn't talked to him in a LONG time, so it was good to catch up and hear what his kids were doing, about his retirement he is looking forward to and on and on....I was SURE he remembered me as he asked about the kids, what they were doing and after about a 10 minute conversation, we both went to leave church and his parting words were "good to talk to you Diane" DIANE?!?!? I was SURE he knew who I was, but not so much....

Back home to spend some precious time with Emily, Luis and Hannah Isabel on the webcam before gym time....I was SURE they would be on for a visit and SURE enough they were...I loved hearing Hannah asking Emily (as they waited for the webcam to "turn on" "Is Gamma gonna be in the box"? And then when she wanted to get changed in her bedroom, she told me "Gamma, I'm gonna take you to my room, want to see my room?"as she and her mom "carried me (via computer) so I didn't miss anything in her room.....I'm SURE I am the luckiest Gamma ever...

Then time to head to the gym....I was SURE I was tired, but knew I had to get there and work through it....Off I went and once I got inside and hit the treadmill, and the sweat started beading up, I was SURE I could make it....50 minutes later, I headed to the next "beast", the eliptical and hopped on for another 40 minute ride.....I was SURE I could do it, until I suddenly realized as the sweat was flying that it was 1238pm and I had a massage appt at 1pm.....so off I jumped,showered and made it just in time at 1258pm....

I was SURE I would love the massage - a great opportunity to get the knots out and boy he did!
Doug had treated both Kelly and I to a couple massages and we had to get them in before they expired! Now that my daughter Kelly is almost licensed with Massage Therapy credentials, I won't have to go far for future massages, I'm SURE of that :)....

So by now, I'm SURE you get the message, some things you are SURE about and find out you are dead wrong and other times, you are SURE about something and right on target!

Today we had our workout at the gym where they film us every other Monday when we aren't doing challenges...(which will be televised on SHOW ME ST. LOUIS tomorrow..Tuesday at 3pm) ...Although I really try to focus on the workout and NOT the camera, COME ON, that is hard to do....I always hope they get me out of the way right away, but not today....no they wanted to see how long I could hang in there I guess... just what does a fifty something year old look like before they pass out from working out....

So 40 minutes, yes 4-0 minutes into the workout, I am sweating like a pig and here comes the old camera.....My trainer has me hoisting this 25 pound weight, first with a squat then up and around the back of my head 1 way then back the other way with another squat each time....I'm SURE I'm going to just hit myself in the head with this and wake up in the hospital....but I get through it....it must be because I saw the light, and then realized it was the camera light :( so I said to myself....suck it up and keep going...after 20 of those, I was SURE she would move on with the dang camera, but OHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOO, she stayed right there as I heard my trainer say those DREADED 2 words....2 little words.......................OK PLANKS...
ARE YOU KIDDING ME? 45 minutes into my workout, filming for TV and now I have to try to do PLANKS!?! Ok....give it your best shot.....down I squat (not a pretty sight) then out I go, hovering and shaking....as he proceeds to tell me to now drop my forearms on the mat and HOLD...........................HOLD?????????????????????? MIRACLE AT CLUB FITNESS, that's what he was hoping for..... I held and then PLOPPED down, as my arms couldn't hold all that body weight! I heard my trainer say, UP AGAIN...so I hoisted the old body up again and shook a bit and that's when he told me to go from my forearms to my hands....kind of a reverse plank....
I thought, seriously, have you LOST YOUR MIND? But with the camera light still blinding me, up I went! Then just when you think it has to be over and nothing could get any worse, he tells me to do SIDE PLANKS....first 1 side -and then the other......OMG, what a humbling experience....It will be funny to watch though...I'm SURE of that, unless they realized that the editing floor may be better suited for that footage...

Yes, there are so many things I'm SURE of....
-How much I ADORE my family
-How blessed I am in so many ways
-How hard I am working at this
-How thankful I am for this opportunity.and that I am making the very best of it.....

For today, think about what you are SURE of - challenge yourself to find those SURE things in your life, and be grateful and work hard to keep them!

1 comment:

  1. I get almost weepy reading these - I love how hard you are working - I hope you know how proud everyone is of you .

    ReplyDelete