Saturday, January 30, 2010

Day 23....Ain't no mountain high enough....

Ain't no mountain high enough ......I hear Diana Ross (of the Supremes for any young folks out there reading this) singing her heart out on this one with the Supremes backing her up....
I always loved that song - it talks about the fact that no obstacles will get in the way of getting to who or what you want......


Moving on to the next mountain...I heard it again today on a great CD that my brother, Michael, made for all of his sisters....what a great brother I have...No, it's not a new song, but I LOVE it and seriously didn't realize it was Miley Cyrus singing it...wow, I guess I am now a Miley Cyrus fan...

The lyrics go like this....

There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be a uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose

Aint about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side............
It's about the CLIMB............

WOW, these lyrics hit me between the eyes.....I can so relate to the MOUTAIN...and trying to CLIMB it....and being an UPHILL BATTLE..... and that it isn't about how FAST YOU DO IT, but keep CLIMBING..... I love it and it's my new theme song :)......I think singing it LOUDLY in my car will give me just the right attitude as I head into the gym each day or into the next challenge on this coming Monday....or better yet, the WEIGH IN this coming Tuesday...

My trainer took my measurements again today....drumroll please:
In 3 weeks:
I have lost 10 inches - YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
BMI (body mass index ......percentage of YELLOW GLOBBY FAT on your body) is down 3 points - YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

So even though the weight isn't dropping off in this 2nd 2 week period, like I want it to, I AM losing inches and BMI is going down....so I am CLIMBING this dang mountain!!!!

On Monday, we have our 2nd challenge (remember the 1st one? Get on the treadmill and run until you faceplant on the treadmill :)).....well all I know about Monday is we are meeting at the Creve Coeur Club Fitness (where I normally work out but most of the other contestants work at other locations) and we are supposed to "dress warm and be prepared to be outside"....YIKES, what does that mean???? WHATEVER the mountain is, I'm going to work as hard as I can and do my best......The challenge will air on Tuesday on Show Me St. Louis, 3pm, Channel 5....

Tuesday is the 2nd weigh in.....that means that each team now is down to 5 women....2 women on EACH team that have the lowest percentage of weight loss will be up for elimination...
the show will be broadcast on Wednesday and starting Wednesday after the show, until Friday 12n, anyone can vote on the KSDK Channel 5 website for the person they want to STAY.....
On Friday, 1 woman from each team that was up for elimination but got the lowest amount of votes, will be "going home"...

I will be writing more on Monday & Tuesday to let you know how the challenge and weigh in went...in the meantime, back to the gym bright and early on Sunday for a good workout! Had a great session of kick boxing today today....

Whatever this week brings, I know I am working my hardest, and giving it my all and will continue to do so!!! I am inspired and excited about this opportunity and thank God for giving me the both the opportunity and the strength to keep going....

So for today, think about what mountain you are climbing? And if/when you slip, how do you get back up? And more importantly, why? SEE YOU AT THE TOP :)

1 comment:

  1. wow - great goind Maureen - fantastic! You go girl - when you next in London I join you @ a kick boxing class x Brilliant that you do this next to all else as well as writing this blog - which is truly inspriring too. It's all about the climb - keep at it and good luck! The grumpy german is watching you xxx

    ReplyDelete