Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day -3 - I'm scared, I'm excited, but mostly I'm thankful!

Today I was talking to my friend Sarah at work....we are both on a mission to lose some weight...she knows about this great "LOSE A TON" opportunity that I am starting on Thursday...she said to me "are you fired up?" I answered "YES, and you?" She said "Yes" and I remarked, "we are in this together!" To which she answered "But you are in the SPOTLIGHT"

YIKES! SPOTLIGHT!?!?!?!? I hadn't stopped long enough since I found out I got picked to participate to even think about that part...................but now with only 2 days before the weigh in, it is hitting me harder than ever...

Good news is (and there is always good news!) there's no "sports bra" weigh in, like the BIGGEST LOSER (I'm praying that I'm right on this one!)....

Bad news, or rather, the SCARY news, is yes, WHOLE WORLD OUT THERE, in 2 days you can see how rotund I have become and how much weight I can pack in my "full figure" frame :)! In otherwords, I am overweight and will be coming face to face with a large number in 2 days.....but even worse, I'm going to share that big number with all of you, not to mention TV LAND......

Ok, whew, I feel better - it still won't be easy, but at least I said it outloud...there's a BIG number coming....sometimes that is a big part of starting the journey....and I'll also promise, that BIG number will be going down too!

Do I like the SPOTLIGHT?
Not really, I'm more of a "let's all do this together"....
Am I afraid in front of people?
No, not at all when I'm teaching a class, or doing a presentation, or even singing a song with one of my siblings (like we do when there are 2 or more people gathered in a room),
but WEIGHING in front of the world.....now that's a tough spotlight!

That being said, I'm so thankful (am I really saying this??!?!) for that spotlight, because I know it is going to push me to a new level of getting healthier than ever! AND I hope that it also pushes some of my dear friends and family to that same level.
Yes, I know, I'm the one with the mug on TV - oh great, I hear that TV adds 10 pounds too :(
however, YOU (and YOU know who YOU are) are the ones with the opportunity at hand as well....

Why will this work for US this time?
-Because it always works better when you have a buddy and I'm your "buddy" :)
-Because WE want it to work and WE are willing to do what it takes because WE know that there are a bunch of us going through the same thing
-Because we are TIRED of tight pants, belly rolls and getting out of chairs needing to give ourselves an extra push.
-Because we realize we are not getting any younger or any thinner by doing it the way we are doing it now and we are tired of waiting for "it" to happen....
-Spring is just around the corner (hard to believe on these sub zero days) but it won't be long and we will have to start shedding these heavy winter sweaters...the arms will be visible again :)
-Yes, I think we all know....
THE TIME HAS COME

So goodbye ding dongs, chips, pizza, and all of you other fair weathered, fat producing pseudo "friends" - (HA, I haven't had a ding dong in a long time, but unfortunately I've had plenty of other relatives of the ding dong family....)

Hello to my old colorful, healthy friends....carrots, celery, berries, bananas.....remember me?

Hello to my new 2nd home (Club Fitness) and new trainer (hope he is up for this challenge - ha!)
Lucky for me, between my daughter, nicknamed "Kellian" and friends like Melinda and Vita and Suzanne, they will get me in that gym and keep me there......I've already asked and they told me it is okay if I can't do it all on day 1, as long as I don't give up and keep trying.....

As I watched the season premiere of Biggest Loser tonight, I saw myself on the scale, in the gym, sweating and working hard......I felt their pain (even though I was sitting the couch; come on, I have 2 days - I need to rest up a little bit!) and felt the joy of their success with their weight loss. I reminded myself, I CAN DO THIS and YOU CAN TOO!

Seriously, I hope you are ready.......

Until tomorrow, keep drinking the water, journaling the food and visualizing your success ahead!
It's really happening...............

PS Time to get rid of all the junk food - get it out of the house now!

No comments:

Post a Comment